Mason County News
State Highway Road Construction 3/4 to 3/10
Highway: US 101 Region: Olympic County: Thurston Location: Milepost(s) 362.2 to 367
Description: Slow moving vehicle using left shoulder for sweeping.
Work Schedule: 6:30 a.m. to noon Wednesday, March 7.
Highway: SR 3 Region: Olympic County: Kitsap Location: Milepost(s) 32.5 to 33.8
Description: Southbound right lane closure for utility work.
Work Schedule: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each Monday through Friday through Thursday, March 22.
SR 8 – Middle and East Forks Wildcat Creek – Remove Fish Barriers
Highway: SR 8 Region: Olympic County: Grays Harbor Location: Milepost(s) 4.3 to 7.5
Description: The eastbound lanes have been reconfigured to accommodate both directions of traffic. Traffic will remain in this configuration through spring of 2019. The changes allow crews to remove barriers to fish by constructing bridges across the Middle and East Forks of Wildcat Creek.
Project web page
Work schedule: Around-the-clock traffic switch.
Tips for Driving Through Work Zones
- Pay attention – Driver inattention is the number one cause of work zone accidents.
- Leave room between you and the car ahead of you – Most work zone accidents involve someone
- running into the car ahead of them. Drive defensively – be aware of what is happening around you.
- Merge before you reach the work zone.
- Don’t use cell phones or adjust your radio while driving through the work zone.