Mason County News
State Highway Road Construction 3/11 to 3/17
Highway: SR 3 Region: Olympic County: Mason Location: Milepost(s) 4.8
Description: Shoulder closures in both directions.
Work Schedule: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, March 12-13.
Highway: SR 3 Region: Olympic County: Kitsap Location: Milepost(s) 32.5 to 33.9
Description: Southbound right lane closure for utility work.
Work Schedule: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each Monday through Friday through Thursday, March 22.
Highway: SR 3 Region: Olympic County: Kitsap Location: Milepost(s) 30.5
Description: Short-term traffic stop and flaggers for utility work east of Imperial Way intersection.
Work Schedule: 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Thursday, March 15.
Highway: SR 3 Region: Olympic County: Kitsap Location: Milepost(s) 36.7
Description: Southbound single-land closure for glare panel replacement.
Work Schedule: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, March 12.
SR 8 – Middle and East Forks Wildcat Creek – Remove Fish Barriers
Highway: SR 8 Region: Olympic County: Grays Harbor Location: Milepost(s) 4.3 to 7.5
Description: The eastbound lanes have been reconfigured to accommodate both directions of traffic with reduced speed of 45 mph. Traffic will remain in this configuration through spring of 2019. The changes allow crews to remove barriers to fish by constructing bridges across the Middle and East Forks of Wildcat Creek.
Project web page
Work schedule: Around-the-clock traffic switch.
Tips for Driving Through Work Zones
- Pay attention – Driver inattention is the number one cause of work zone accidents.
- Leave room between you and the car ahead of you – Most work zone accidents involve someone
- running into the car ahead of them. Drive defensively – be aware of what is happening around you.
- Merge before you reach the work zone.
- Don’t use cell phones or adjust your radio while driving through the work zone.