Mason County News
State Highway Road Construction 4/15 to 4/21
Highway: SR 3 Region: Olympic County: Mason Location: Milepost(s) 12.2
Description: Northbound right shoulder closure for utility work.
Work Schedule: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m each weekday through Friday, April 20.
Highway: SR 8 Region: Olympic County: Thurston Location: Milepost(s) 18 to 18.5
Description: Westbound left lane closure for guardrail repair.
Work Schedule: 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, April 18.
Highway: SR 8 Region: Olympic County: Thurston Location: Milepost(s) 17 to 17.5
Description: Westbound right lane closure for guardrail repair
Work Schedule: 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 18.
Highway: US 101 Region: Olympic County: Jefferson Location: Milepost(s) 280.77 to 280.77
Description: Guard rail repair. Drives will encounter one-way alternating traffic with a flagger.
Work Schedule: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 17 through Wednesday, April 18.
SR 8 – Middle and East Forks Wildcat Creek – Remove Fish Barriers
Highway: SR 8 Region: Olympic County: Grays Harbor Location: Milepost(s) 4.3 to 7.5
Description: The eastbound lanes have been reconfigured to accommodate both directions of traffic as crews replace outdated culverts under SR 8 to improve fish passage for Middle and East Fork Wildcat Creek.
Work Schedule: Around the clock traffic shift. Any closures will be announced. Work is scheduled through spring 2019.
Tips for Driving Through Work Zones
- Pay attention – Driver inattention is the number one cause of work zone accidents.
- Leave room between you and the car ahead of you – Most work zone accidents involve someone
- running into the car ahead of them. Drive defensively – be aware of what is happening around you.
- Merge before you reach the work zone.
- Don’t use cell phones or adjust your radio while driving through the work zone.