Affordable Internet for All
Hood Canal Communications is dedicated to providing affordable internet to everyone in our community. HCC participates in the Federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to help eligible households receive fast and reliable internet service at an affordable price.
ACP offers qualifying households a discount of up to $30 (or up to $75 for residents on Tribal Lands) per month towards charges for eligible internet services. The discount is not applicable to other fees. Household eligibility criteria is listed below as a reference but please visit affordableconnectivity.gov to check eligibility and enroll.
- Annual gross household income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines;
- Member of the household participates in one of the following federal assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at USDA Community Eligibility Provision schools
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- Tribal Benefit requirements for those living on Tribal Lands include Tribal Programs such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Head Start (meeting income qualifying standard), Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Complete an eligibility consent form to confirm that you have been made aware of the terms and restrictions for the discount.
- Complete the National Verifier enrollment form to begin receiving the discount.
The EBB Program has been replaced with the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Households previously enrolled in the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program were transitioned to the new ACP program.
Easy steps to receive the ACP discount:
- Visit affordableconnectivity.gov and apply through the National Verifier.
- Once approved call 360.898.2481 mention ACP to add discount to new or existing service
- Forward a copy of your confirmation email from the National Verifier
- Complete and submit an ACP consent form
- Once we receive your enrollment form submission and confirm your eligibility to receive ACP benefits, we will apply the discount to your account
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?
ACP is a permanent federal government benefit program operated by the FCC that reduces the cost of broadband internet service for qualifying households.
How much is the discount?
The discount is up to $30 (up to $75 on qualifying Tribal Lands) off per month applied to your recurring charges for eligible internet services. Taxes and other fees are not eligible for the discount.
Can households receive the ACP benefit on more than one account?
No, a household can only receive one ACP discount at a time. A household is a group of people who live together and share income and expenses (even if they are not related).
If I live with other people, but I do not share income and expenses with them, do we separately qualify for the ACP?
Possibly. If people who reside at the same address do not share income and expenses, they may qualify as separate households for purposes of the ACP. Households that appear more than once in the National Verifier’s eligibility database will be asked to complete an Independent Economic Household (IEH) worksheet as part of their application for the ACP to determine if there are separate households at a shared residential address
How long will the discount last?
ACP is the federal governments permanent replacement for the EBB program. Should the government end the Affordable Connectivity Program or when a household is no longer eligible, you will be charged standard rates and the general terms and conditions if you continue to receive service. The duration of this discount program is set by the federal government.
Can I transfer the ACP benefit from or to another provider?
Yes, the ACP benefit is portable. ACP enrolled households may transfer their ACP benefit from and to another participating provider up to once per month.
Can I get an ACP benefit from any other service provider?
Yes. Qualifying households may obtain an ACP benefit on qualifying broadband Internet access service from any ACP participating provider at any time.