Hood Canal Communications
Committed to the growth and prosperity of our employees
HCC is committed to providing a company atmosphere that promotes continued growth and prosperity of our employees, company, and community. As a growing communications company, fueled by the internet, HCC offers a wide variety of career paths including accounting, construction, customer service, information technology, installers, marketing, and more.
Any current job openings will be listed below. If you’re interested in applying please use the apply now button below the job listing. You will be redirected to the job posting on indeed.com where you can complete an online application. We kindly request no phone calls or walk ins regarding job listings. If there are no jobs listed below then please check back again later.
Hood Canal Communications is a drug free, equal opportunity employer.
HCC is seeking a new professional to join our accounting department. The accountant will perform a variety of accounting related tasks with a focus on timely, accurate maintenance of accounting data and systems. Duties and assignments vary and include, but are not limited to, general ledger/journal posting, maintenance, reconciliation and analysis; payment posting; audits and verifications; account, program and grant reconciliations; and reporting.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Conduct reviews and audits of assigned programs, processes, or accounting functions (e.g., Grant, Inventory, Fixed Assets, etc)
- Maintain documentation and resolve identified issues promptly
- Research and prepare materials for grants and audits
- Gather and compile data from a variety of sources
- Prepare, distribute, and maintain a variety of regular and ad-hoc reports
- Review and analyze reports, identifying and correcting errors
- Code entries, maintain fixed assets, and process payments
- Post to general ledger
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- 2 years of accounting experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with GAAP, FASB, and GASB. Federal, state, and local government contract compliance preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, accounting, and payroll software.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Ability to quickly and accurately complete data entry
- Flexible and able to change priorities while managing multiple tasks
- Ability to analyze and interpret grant and contractual requirements
- Ability to pay extremely close attention to detail and monitor one’s own work for errors
- Full time position
- Salary range DOQ starting at $26 hourly
- Excellent benefits
- Generous employer contribution to 401k retirement plan
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance