Mason County News
Watch Mason County Commission
Watch the October 10, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
OCTOBER 10, 2017
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 News Release- Service Awards Staff: Cmmr. Shutty
4.3 News Release- Civil Service Vacancy Staff: Frank Pinter
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit) If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – September 19, 2017 & September 26, 2017 Regular meeting minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval for the Mason County Board of Equalization to reconvene hear timely filed appeals for the 2017 assessment year.
8.2 Approval of The Office of Justice Programs of the U.S. Department of Justice federal grant, for a 36 month project titled “Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Site-Based Program” in the amount of $300,000.
8.3 Approval of Warrants
|Claims Clearing Fund||Warrant #s||$|
|Direct Deposit Fund||Warrant #s||$|
|Salary Clearing Fund||Warrant #s||$|
|Approval of Treasurer Electronic Remittances:|
|Macecom 9/6/17||$ 118,622.64|
|Mental Health 9/8/17||$ 1,623.19|
|Professional Services/Banking Fees 9/8/17||$ 1,200.00|
|Law Library-Budgeted Transfer||$ 4,721.00|
|Current Expense/Support Services||$ 4,721.00|
8.4 Approval to authorize Public Works to use the County MRSC Small Works Roster to solicit for outfall inspections at the Rustlewood Wastewater Plant and authorize the Deputy Director to sign the contract with a cost not to exceed $15,000. Award will be announced at a regular scheduled Commission Meeting if contract is between $10,000-$15,000.
8.5 Approval to authorize the Chair to sign the Joint Funding Agreement, No. 18WNWA03400 with the US Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, for the period October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018.
8.6 Approval of the Department of Social Health & Services Early Intervention Program Contract Renewal in the amount of $36,623.11.
8.7 Approval to appoint Steve Van Denover to the Planning Advisory Commission for a four year term ending October 31, 2021.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time- No hearings.
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar