Mason County News
Watch Mason County Commission
Watch the November 14, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit) If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – None.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of the Ordinance adopting the revised Mason County Sheriff’s Office Civil Fee Schedule effective September 26, 2017.
8.2 Approval to execute a resolution to close Old Belfair Highway at approximately milepost 0.000 to milepost 0.100 on Sunday, December 3, 2017 from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
8.3 Approval to appoint Beth Gizzi and Carroll Raether to the Lewis-Mason-Thurston Area Agency on Aging for terms ending November 2019.
8.4 Approval of Warrants Claims
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s $
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s 45313-45689 $ 602,188.71
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s 7003187-4003227 $ 901,931.62
Approval of Treasurer Electronic Remittances;
Macecom 10/4/17 $ 110,370.66
Mental Health 10/10/17 $ 2,935.14
Community Health & Social Services 10/10/17 $ 1,022.81
Family Law Facilitator 10/11/17 $ 5,000.00
Current Expense/Superior Court 10/11/17 $ 5,000.00
Mental Health 10/18/17 $ 10,771.13
Prosecutor 10/18/17 $ 10,771.13
Combined Utilities Admin 10/24/17 $ 19,062.02
Solid Waste 10/24/17 $ 7,815.43
North Bay 10/24/17 $ 5,718.61
Rustlewood 10/24/17 $ 667.17
Rustlewood 10/24/17 $ 667.17
Beards Cove 10/24/17 $ 2,287.44
Belfair Sewer 10/24/17 $ 1,906.20
Mental Health 10/26/17 $ 80,000.00
Office of Public Defense 10/26/17 $ 80,000.00
Total $ 1,848,115.24
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time- No Hearings.
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar 12. Adjournment