Mason County News
City Construction Schedule for 7/9 to 7/13
Crews continue working on several infrastructure improvement projects in the downtown area of Shelton that are impacting travel around the city. There are several temporary traffic revisions and lane closures currently in effect. Traffic revisions mentioned in this update are subject to change without notice, and may not include all potential revisions and/or lane closures that could be implemented. However, here is the schedule for July 9 to July 13.
The biggest impact is the closure of Northcliff Road beginning Monday.
Downtown Connector Project:
- Olympic Highway North will be open. The roadway will be reduced to two lanes, one in each direction.
- Intermittent closures on Alder St. between 1st St. and 7th St.
Basin 3 Sewer Rehabilitation Project:
- Northcliff Road will be closed between San Joaquin Avenue and Poplar Street on Monday, July 9th until further notice for the installation of a new sewer main. Use Olympic Highway North as an alternate route.
- Intermittent alley closures between Alder and Pine, and Alder and Birch.
- Intermittent closures on 1st St. between Pine & Birch, Front St. between Pine & Alder, and 2nd St. between Alder & Laurel.
- Intermittent closures at the intersections of Pine & 1st, Pine & Front St., 2nd & Alder, 2nd & Birch, 3rd & Laurel, 3rd & Birch, 1st & Birch, 1st & Alder.
Cascade Natural Gas System Upgrades:
- Monday, July 9th and Tuesday, July 10th: Single lane closures at the intersections of 7th & Cota, 7th & Franklin, and 7th & Railroad.
- Monday, July 9th and Tuesday, July 10th: Single lane closure on Franklin St. west of 12th St.
- Starting Wednesday, July 11th there will be a single lane closure on Railroad Ave. west of 12th St.
- Intermittent lane closures on Franklin St. between 9th St. and 11th St.