Self-Install Guide | Android TV Device
Make sure your Android TV works with nexTV by HCC
nexTV works on a variety of Android TV models version 8 and up, including connected devices like Nvidia Shield and the Xiaomi Mi Box as well as Android TV smart TVs like Sony, Sharp, HiSense and Philips.
You can check your Android TV version by going to Android TV settings, selecting About and then Version.
If you’re setting up your Android TV for the first time…
Be prepared with:
- An internet connection
- A Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can sign up for free
- If your TV doesn’t have Android TV built-in, you’ll need:
- An external Android TV device
- A TV or other display with an HDMI port
- An HDMI cable
If you can’t find your Android TV device’s instruction manual, Google has reference instructions to get Android TV set up.
Install the nexTV by HCC app onto your Android TV
With your Android TV all set up, from the Android TV home screen, install nexTV by HCC on your Android TV by following these steps:
- Navigate to Apps
- Select the Google Play Store app Google Play
- Browse or search for apps and games
- To browse: Move up or down to view different categories. When you find a category that you’re interested in, move to the right to view items
- To search: At the top of the screen, select Search
- Select the app or game that you want
- Select Install
Make sure you’re connected to your HCC-provided internet
nexTV needs to be connected to the internet provided to your home by HCC in order to access your entire TV lineup. You can use your home WiFi for this.