Mason County News
Watch Mason County Commission
Watch the December 5, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 News Release- Mason County Heritage Grant Cycle Staff: Michael MacSems
4.3 News Release- Free Christmas Tree Recycling Staff: Jerry Hauth
4.4 News Release- 2018 Solid Waste Rate Increases Staff: Jerry Hauth
4.5 News Release- Hoodsport 2018 adding service and Union closed Christmas Eve Staff: Jerry Hauth
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – November 20, 2017 Briefing Meeting Minutes
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of Warrants
|Claims Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 8052554-8053011||$2,580,088.63|
|Direct Deposit Fund||Warrant #s||$|
|Salary Clearing Fund||Warrant #s||$_____________|
8.2 Approval to reallocate $45,000 from operating expenses to salaries/benefits in the Information Technology Fund #500.
8.3 Approval to add Jarrell’s Cove Cemetery on Harstine Island, to the Mason County Historic Registry.
8.4 Approval of the resolution adopting the amended Tideland Lease Agreement with Seattle Shellfish to include shellfish rather than geoduck clams only.
8.5 Approval of the following lodging tax contracts:
• 2018 Visitor Information Center (VIC) services- $57,400 to Shelton Chamber of Commerce and $33,500 to North Mason Chamber of Commerce.
• For 2018/2019 Tourism Promotion & Marketing Services – $206,000 to Northwest Event Organizers, Inc.
8.6 Approval of the Ordinance adopting the 2017 Mason County Docket of Comprehensive Plan Amendments.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Hold public hearings as established in the 2017 Docket of Comprehensive Plan Amendments. Staff: Paula Reeves
Public Hearings for Citizen Initiated Amendments:
1) Consider Neil Rezone
2) Consider Padden Rezone
3) Consider Revisions to Belfair Urban Growth Area Development Regulations
Public hearings for County Initiated Amendments:
4) Consider Revisions to Mason County Code Chapters 17 and 15
5) Consider Revisions to Mason County Code Chapter 6 and the Mason County 2016-2036 Comprehensive Plan Update
10.2 Public Hearing to Consider Adoption of 2018 Budget continued from December 4. Staff: Frank Pinter
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar